Dancing Under The Stars...


After glancing at many a custom-lit dance floor, I was curious how to possibly DIY one myself.

Dancing Under The Stars...
The theater would already have lighting equipment, so I'm sure they would be able to set it up! The effect discs are called "gobos" and usually made out of metal or glass so they can withstand the heat of the lights.

After realizing cutting small details into sheet metal is a bad idea, (danger factor and the need for smooth cuts,) and that custom gobos cost about $100, I decided to look at some already-made, stock gobos.

Wouldn't it be lovely to dance under the stars? For only $12?

Dancing Under The Stars...
I think it would be :)

Related Site

-Becoming a Wedding Planner

-Cheap Wedding Favors




Documento sin título




Related Videos :below I show related videos and not so related to this article.

Title: Fred Astaire And Rita Hayworth -- "I'm Old Fashioned"

The famous dance under moonlight from their last pairing on screen: "You Were Never Lovelier" in 1942.

Jerome Kern wrote the classic song "I'm Old Fashioned", with a lyric by Johnny Mercer, for this film.

Looks crazy to hear Astaire (in any role) say "I am strictly from corn!", but he (the actor) really was born in Omaha!

........

Wiki reports: "Although Hayworth had a fine voice, Harry Cohn insisted on her singing being dubbed throughout by Nan Wynn.....Dance director was Val Raset, the one and only time he collaborated with Astaire, and his choreographic input into the film is unclear"

Hayworth was born "in Brooklyn....she was trained as a dancer from childhood."

.......

Fred Astaire, in his autobiography "Steps In Time" wrote:

My first meeting with Rita was in a rehearsal hall at Columbia Studios. It was upstairs in one of the buildings and, as I recall, the stairway led directly into the large rehearsal room.

As I came up the last few steps I gave a hurried glance around, expecting to see Rita, as I had been told she would be there. I didn't see her and asked one of the assistants, "Isn't Miss Hayworth going to be here this morning?" he pointed to a remote corner of the room, "Why, yes--she's been here for some time."

There she was. Oh yes--a beautiful sight.

Bob Alton, choreographer on the picture, brought her over and introduced us. I said, "I'm an old freind of your father's."

"Yes, I know," murmured Rita.

I then asked how tall she was as I stood alongside of her....As we stood there, both in flat heels, I was easily three inches taller and I told her I hoped she didn't have to wear very high heels with me. She quickly answered, "Oh, no, I don't have to."

We then danced around the mirrored room in impromptu ballroom fashion, as I wanted to get an idea of how we looked together.

I kept thinking how extraordinary it was to find myself about to play opposite my freind Eduardo Cansino's lovely daughter, and I told her so. She laughed.

Rita danced with trained perfection and individuality. She, of course, knew through experience what this dancing business was all about. That was apparent the moment I started working with her.

Title: Alice: Dancing Under The Gallows

Go to http://www.nickreedent.com/index.htm for details about the movie and the person.






0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario